Once a loved one has Alzheimer’s disease or dementia and is at home, it may become difficult to take care of them.
The more difficult the task gets, the more you realize that you might need to seek help from a home care facility. A memory care facility will be convenient for aid and assistance.
A memory care facility is a residential care facility for seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. It is specially designed to care for people with memory deficiencies adequately. There are several assisted living facilities and nursing homes that have created a memory care facility. They offer high-quality life to their patients, taking care of them with love ethically and professionally.
In addition, memory care apart from offering care and, at times, health medication services. They allow your loved ones to interact and socialize. They get them to engage in the hobbies they love in a manner that is best for them regardless of their impairment. You ought to look for a memory care facility for the sake and the benefit of your loved one.
You do not have to hassle over where to find a reliable facility. Leave that to us at Senior Living Concierge Services. We offer free senior housing placement to patients living with Alzheimer’s and dementia. All you have to do is contact us and we will make certain your loved one is in good hands.
Key Indicators to Alert You That Your Loved One Is Ready For Memory Care
During the early stages of dementia or Alzheimer’s, it is not tasking to take care of them at home. Until the following happens and you realize it’s time for memory care:
- The safety of the person with dementia is threatened
- The health of both the caregiver and the person with dementia is at risk
- If the needs go beyond the caregiver’s physical ability
- Taking care of an ill person is affecting your mental health. You start feeling stressed or depressed
- If taking care of the person is affecting your regular work. Such that you start neglecting your career, your family, or any other daily responsibility
- If, through critical evaluation, you realize that the memory care facility is going to benefit the person with dementia greatly
The Alzheimer’s association issues the above key indicators.
Advantages of a Memory Care
- Your loved one gets comprehensive care
- The staff in memory care are well skilled and knowledgeable on how to handle an Alzheimer patient
- There are many activities the patient gets involved with which will help improve your loved one’s cognitive ability
- In memory care, the patient’s behavior is under correct management, which is through non-pharmacological means
- The environment of the memory care is safe, secure, and friendly for the patient
Find a Memory Care Facility
Are you looking for the best memory care facility for your loved one? Well, come to us, and we will help you through the process. At Senior Living Concierge Services LLC, our commitment is to provide the best senior living referral and placement services. In the metropolitan Kansas City area! Our work is driven and guided by our values: